Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link
There are a bazillion tutorials online for the Corner Flip fun fold card and as I was looking for some inspiration I noticed a few different ones. So on this tutorial after I show you how to create the basis to the Corner Flip fun fold, I’ll show you some variations on the design.
- Start with your folded cardstock base 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ folded at 4-1/4″, I used Basic Black.
- From the upper right corner measure 3″ down the edge and make a pencil dot. Then 3″ across the top edge and make a pencil dot for reference.
- Measure 5/8″ from each dot to the inside and make a mark, making sure you are still 3″ from the edge. This is where you will start your blade. Cut a slit from the 5/8″ to the 3″ mark mark on the trimmer. Your 2 slits will both be 2-3/8″ long. Both slits will meet in the middle at 3″ .
Here is how it should look.
- Then, you pull that corner forward and the bottom of the square will pop out backwards. Sometimes it helps to score where the fold will be.
- Glue the flap down and the rest is just decorating!
- The Poppy Parade square is 2 3/4″ and the White square is 2 1/2″. But I used the Stylish Shape Dies. These dimensions make the layering simple.
- The DSP is 4″ x 5-1/4″ then cut a 3″ square out of the corner, this can be used on the inside to cover the flip square area.
Variations on the Corner Flip Fun Fold
A second look for this card is to turn it landscape
And another look is to make a square card 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial. If you make this card we would love to see it. Post a picture of it over on our Facebook Group.
And be sure to catch me live on Facebook or Youtube Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays @ 9:30 am Central