Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link
In today’s Fun Fold Friday I’m going to share a new kind of gift card holder I had never seen before. I’m not sure where I’ve been because it’s been around for quite a while. It’s called the Twisted Gift Card Holder. Most tutorials I found were using 12×12 designer paper but I wanted to use a 6×6 paper pack. So here is what I did.
I’m using the Gingerbread & Peppermint products to create today’s project. The link to these products is at the bottom of the page.
- Old Olive Cardbase 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored and folded on the diagonal
- Gingerbread & Peppermint Designer Paper
- White thick cardstock to create template 4″ x 10-1/2″
- To create the card base, score and fold the Old Olive cardstock 4-1/4″ x 11″ on the diagonal then fold in half creating pockets on the card front and inside.
- To create the designer paper template for 6×6 paper, cut the 4″ x 10-1/2″ white cardstock on the diagonal. then flip top piece down like you were folding it on a score mark
- Line up the two white pieces up against the back of the ruler and cut where the diagonals intersect
- Label the 4 pieces
- You can create layers by making your template again but with a 3-3/4″ x 10″ piece of white cardstock
- Trace the template pieces on the different designer paper you desire. If you don’t want the tracing marks to show flip both the template and designer paper over.
- Adhere the cut designer paper into their designated places
- You can cover the front pocket or put the designer paper in place to keep it. (I chose to cover it)
- then just decorate the front as you want.
Catch me live every Friday for another Fun Fold over on my Facebook page