Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link
In today’s video I’m going to make two cards. First an Angled Gatefold and then a second card using the leftover scrap pieces from the Angled Gatefold. Shout out to Lynn Dunn over @stamptasticdesigns for this awesome idea.
Measurements for Angled Gatefold
- Evening Evergreen base 11″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 3-3/8″ on both ends
- DSP cut 2 at 3-1/4″ x 5-1/4″
- scraps for candy cane and banner
- Cut the corners off the base as shown in the diagram below
- Cut DSP at 1-1/2″ and 1″ to match base panels
- Adhere the DSP to the card base
- Stamp and cut a candy cane and sentiment banner
- To create the focal image, layer the snowflake, gold sprigs, candy and banner and add it to the card front
- Add a bow.
- Don’t forget the inside and envelope
Measurements for Bonus Card
- Evening Evergreen base 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and 1-1/2″ x 4″
- White cardstock 4″ x 5-1/4″ and scraps for candy canes and banner
- DSP 1″ x 4″
- Scraps from the first card
Instructions for Bonus Card
- Adhere 1″ x 4″ inch piece of patterned paper to the center of the white cardstock. Arrange the leftover triangular pieces on each side of the 1 inch strip and adhere to the cardstock.
- Stamp and cut out 4 candy canes and adhere to the patterned paper alternating heights. Trim the bottom of the candy canes that extend past the patterned paper.
- Tear the 1″ x 4″ Evening Evergreen and adhere over the bottoms of the candy canes
- Tie a ribbon around the torn cardstock
- Add the sentiment and gold sprigs
- Adhere the whole thing to the card base