Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link
This butterfly sympathy card is made with the colors Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron and Lemon Lime Twist. Aren’t these colors beautiful together? I have always loved Tranquil Tide. I think it is because I have “a Carribean soul I can barely control”. Yes, Jimmy Buffet is my hero.
Anyway, every Friday I have a new color challenge. If you have missed any of the previous challenges you can see the first one here, #CWK6118. When working with a color challenge I first look through all my designer series paper. And as I was flipping through my paper I saw this floral in the Share What You Love series. It does not have Lemon Lime Twist but the lighter shade of Old Olive blends well with it. The Animal Outings and Broadway Bound both have a Lemon Lime Twist but I thought the Animal Outings design went better with the floral from Share What You Love.
Combining a color challenge with a sketch is a great way to get those creative juices flowing. Here is the sketch I used for this card.
Butterfly Sympathy Card Details
- The card base is Tranquil Tide, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- First layer is the floral from Share What You Love, 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Second layer is the Lemon Lime Twist from Animal Outings, 5 1/2″ x 2″
- Sentiment strip is Whisper White, 5 1/4″ x 1″
- Heat emboss butterfly in white powder on watercolor paper
- Paint the butterfly with Mint Macaron and Lemon Lime Twist then fussy cut it out
- Stamp sentiment in Tranquil Tide at the far left of the white strip
- Use SNAIL adhesive to attach layers and sentiment strip
- Attach butterfly with Stampin Dimensionals
I hope you liked today’s color challenge. Remember to tag your version of this challenge with #CWK62918 on your social media account. If you would like any of these items to make your own version of this card, just hop on over to my shop.