Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link
In this tutorial, I show you how I go from card sketch to card while I explain step by step my creative process in creating this very simple cactus card. #simplestamping Also I show you a technique using torn paper to create the sandy ground for the cactus to sit in.
You will find the instructions, supply list and a video below.
I am using sketch 14 from my 30 Card Sketches with Examples ebook. With this card I am featuring Stampin’ Up!’s Flowering Desert stamps. This set will be retiring May 31, 2019. There is a link below for you to order it before it is gone forever.
Also, if you would like, you can order my ebook here 30 Card Sketches with Examples
Simple Stamping Flowering Desert Measurements
- Sahara Sand cardstock cut 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White cardstock cut 3-3/4″ x 5″ and 1/2″ x 2″ strip
- Highland Heather cardstock 3/4″ x 3″ tear one end at an angle
Simple Stamping Card Details
- tear a piece of scrap paper and cover most of the Whisper White layer having the torn edge near the bottom letting about an inch of the white layer to show. Use low tack tape to hold in place
- With a sponge dauber and Sahara Sand ink sponge to bottom of the white layer to create a sandy ground (see video for this technique)
- Stamp the Saguaro Cactus in Pear Pizzazz ink
- Next Stamp the round dot plant in Highland Heather
- Use Pool Party for the Agave plants
- Stamp spiny shoots all around with Pear Pizzazz
- The flowers on top of the Saguaro are in Calypso Coral
- Tape the cactus layer to the far right center of the card base.
- Attach the heather strip to the upper left of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment and tape it to the heather strip
If you like this project and would like to make it yourself but need some materials to do so, please contact me or click on the links above.