Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link
*Oops! Forgot to hit the publish button last Friday.
Each Friday I post a color challenge here on my blog. It’s just a fun tool to help you get your creative on. I try to pick colors from our new In Colors and mix them up with colors from our perminent collection. Today I am using 2 colors from this year’s In Colors, Pineapple Punch and Lovely Lipstick. I’m matching them up with our neutral color, Basic Grey.
For my card, I decide on the Petal Pallet stamp set. It is one of my favorites.
- Card base is 7 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″
- Stamp roses and bird on watercolor paper in Basic Grey
- Use Aqua Painter to pain bird in Pineapple Punch, the roses in Lovely Lipstick and the leaves in Pear Pizzaz
- Use the Big Shot to cut out watercolor images
- Cut out leafy branches in Pear Pizzaz cardstock
- Cut out trellis from Basic Grey DSP Animal Expeditions
- Use a sponge dauber in Basic Grey and sponge over lattice mask on cardbase front
- Stamp “Thank You” on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with Big Shot
- Use Stampin Dimensionals on roses and sentiment
- layer trellis, leafy branches and roses so they hang over the edge of card base front
- Attach bird and sentiment
All the supplies to make this card are listed below with links to my shop.
I hope you all enjoyed today’s card. If you are participating in this color challenge be sure to post it on Instagram or Facebook and tag it with #CWK8318 so we can all see it.
Here are some links to some of my earlier color challenges
Just a few reminders for August
Paper Pumpkin is 50% off first month for new subscribers
Bonus Days are back – For every $50 you spend in August you get $5 credit to use in September
Color Your Season Stamp Set and Watercolor Pencils availble until Aug 30 or while supplies last.
Don’t miss out on these deals. August will be gone before you know it.