Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link
In today’s card, I’m making an easy Thanksgiving card that you can quickly make for your family and friends. Watch the video below to see how I created the background with a technique called watercolor wash using an acrylic block and ink pad.
Here is a list of the supplies with links to my shop I used to make this easy Thanksgiving card
Easy Thanksgiving Card Measurements
- Mint Macaron 8 – 1/2″ x 5 – 1/2″ and 3″ square
- Blackberry Bliss 4″ x 5 – 1/4″ and 2 – 3/4″ square
- Whisper White 3 – 3/4″ x 5″
- Country Lane DSP 1 – 1/4″ x 5
- Watercolor Paper 2 – 1/2″ x 2-1/4″
Easy Thanksgiving Card Instructions
- Ink up an acrylic block and spritz with water before pressing in on watercolor paper (dab with a paper towel if needed)
- Stamp basket of gourds with soft suede in center of watercolor wash
- Tear bottom of Backberry Bliss square
- Layer Mint Macaron square, torn Blackberry Bliss and watercolor paper, set aside
- Tape DSP to the right side of Whisper White
- Separate twine strands and tie to Whisper White layer
- Stamp Happy Thanksgiving in the bottom left corner of Whisper White layer
- Score the card base at 4 1/4″
- Glue Blackberry Bliss to the card base
- Use dimensionals to adhere Whisper White layer to the card base and the stamped image layer over the tied twine
Watercolor is a fun way to give your cards a real handmade look. For a different kind of watercolor background look at my post on Brusho watercolor crystals
Thanks for checking out this week’s blog post on how to make an easy Thanksgiving card. I always appreciate hearing from you. Let me know if you ever have any questions or suggestions.
I hope you have a beautiful and creative day.