If you saw my Facebook live last Thursday you watched me show you a simple way to make giving a gift card more personal. If you did not I have linked the video below.
Birthday’s and holidays are sometimes very hard to shop for. There are many reasons for this. Most people say the person they are shopping for already has everything. Another very valid reason is you just don’t have time to spend browsing through shops or the internet to find that perfect gift. Either way, you know a gift card would do the trick. But how can you make it feel more personal?
Making a gift card more personal is as simple as creating a unique one of a kind card you are putting the gift card in. This card is made with the new glitzy and bold Broadway Bound designer series paper. The bright red and green on black with gold is perfect for any age and either gender. I got this idea from Tammy Beards on her blog, Stampin Savvy.
Gift Card Details
- Lipstick Red cardstock cut 4 1/4″ by 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″ and 9″
- Broadway Bound DSP cut 3″ x 3 3/4″ and 2″ x 4 1/4″ and 2 1/4″ circle from layering circles framelit dies.
- Use the 2 1/2″ scallop from the layering circles framelit dies to cut a scrap of Lipstick Red cardstock
- Whisper White cardstock cut 3″ x 3 3/4″ and scrap large enough for 2 1/4″ circle from layering circles framelit dies
- 1″ circle punch a notch in the small folded end of the card base.
- Glue the notched fold at edges * just a little glue! gift card will need to fit in the pocket
- Adhere 2″ x 4 1/4″DSP to the far end of the large folded end of the card base
- Tape 3″ x 3 3/4″ DSP to the top of the card front
- Stamp “Happiest of Birthdays to You” on WW scrap then cut out with the circle die
- Layer scallop and white circles together
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the layered circles to the front of the card
- Stamp “treat yourself” on 3″ x 3 1/2″ white and adhere inside card
I love this Broadway Bound paper. The colors are so bright and cheerful. I wrote a blog post earlier about this great birthday suite that you might like. Glitzy Birthday Cards to Make for Your Loved Ones.
This way of making a gift card more personal is simple and can be designed in a lot of different ways. Here are a few other examples.
July Specials at Stampin’ Up!