Welcome to a special crafting session where we embrace the spirit of Hanukkah with a unique twist! Today, I’m thrilled to guide you through the creation of the ‘Star of David Fun Fold Card,‘ also known as the ‘Origami Star.’ With Hanukkah just around the corner, this tutorial is dedicated to making a heartfelt Hanukkah Card for my dear Jewish friend, and I invite you to join me in this creative journey. We’ll be using the enchanting ‘Winter Meadow Designer Paper’ and the inspiring ‘Celebrate the Miracle’ stamp set from Stampin’ Up!, both available in my shop. This fun fold card isn’t just a greeting; it’s a symbol of joy and celebration. Whether you’re a seasoned crafter or new to the world of handmade cards, this tutorial is designed for everyone.
- 12″ x 12″ White Cardstock and scrap for circle
- Blueberry Bushel scrap for circle
- Winter Meadow Designer Paper scraps for layering in the different sections of the star
- Vellum to make template for Designer Paper
- Mark 6″ on the top edge of the 12″ x 12″ cardstock and lightly draw a 2″ line down
- Take a ruler and draw a 12″ line from the bottom left corner to the 2″ line and draw a second 12″ line from the bottom right corner to the 2″ line. You should have a 12″ equilateral triangle. Cut out. Erase any stray marks
- Mark each side of the triangle at 4″, 6″, and 8″.
- Using the score tool connect the marks creating 2 parallel lines on each point of the triangle.
- Trace the triangle sections on Vellum to create templates for the designer paper.
- Cut out 3 triangles and 6 trapezoids from DSP
- Glue the DSP to the coordinating sections
- Fold up Star Card
- Cut out 2 Deckled Circles one white for stamped image and the other colored cardstock
- Layer the 2 Deckled Circles and glue it to the Star making sure to only get glue on one triangle section
- Decorate the inside
- This card measures 6″ x 7″ so you will need to use an envelope large enough to hold it or create a custom size one. It will take extra postage to mail.
Supply ListProduct List
You will also need:
- 12″ ruler