Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link
I’d like to share with you a business idea for empty nesters.
The kids are grown and the house seems so empty. You have time to do all those things you’ve always wished you had time to do. Why not start a home-based craft business. Do you love crafting and wish you could do it full time and still pay the bills? Then starting your own home-based craft business may be for you. There are many ways to go about it however, I want to tell you about the way I do it.
I own my own rubber stamping and scrapbooking business. I sell rubber stamping supplies and create handmade cards and scrapbooks which I sell as well. I also teach a card making class in my home once a month.
I am a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator.
Stampin’ Up! – A Great Business Idea for Empty Nesters
Stampin’ Up! is a direct sales company for Hobbyists and Crafters. It offers an exclusive line of decorative rubber stamp sets and accessories for handmade cards, scrapbooking, craft projects, and home decor! Since 1988, their wide assortment of rubber stamp images, stamping techniques, and designs have been helping crafters discover and express their creativity. Stampin’ Up! products cannot be found in stores, they can only be bought from a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator.
Their special stamps have become their signature product as they contain unique images and special messages that continue to inspire and strengthen relationships.
What Does it Mean to be a Demonstrator?
Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators own their own home-based craft business. They sell paper crafting supplies or products they make with the supplies such as hand stamped greeting cards. They also demonstrate how to create projects with the supplies at home parties or online.
The Perks of Being a Demonstrator.
- 20%-25% Off product
- Access to the Stampin Up Demo Website – packed with ideas, video training, webinars, techniques, tutorials and more.
- Access to StampinConnection.com – Stampin’ Up’s exclusive online community for demonstrators only.
- Make some Extra Money – You can earn up to 40% commission on personal purchases & customer sales (See Career Plan for details).
- Free Trips! Every year you are eligible to earn Stampin Up’s Incentive Trip
- Flex Points – Like your “Credit Card Miles” You get to pick FREE items (product & more) each quarter depending on your sales.
- Free Catalogs every time they are released
- Free magazine – Receive our Stampin’ Success quarterly magazine – includes great tips & techniques!
- Pre-orders & Sneak Peeks – new stamp sets before they’re available to anyone
But the #1 perk is all the new friends you will make!
Join My Team
If starting your own home-based craft business is something you’d like to do, then contact me today. I can share with you how to get started and will help you make your business a success.
As an empty nester myself, I found being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator is perfect for my schedule. It does not demand my time like a full-time job nor does it tie me to someone else’s schedule. I think it’s the perfect business idea for empty nesters.