Hey there, fellow crafters!
🌬️❄️ Today, I’m excited to share a charming and elegant project with you all – our ‘Whisper of Winter’ Tri-Fold Gift Card Holder. This wintery creation, measuring a 4 inches tall and unfolding to a full 9 inches, is the perfect blend of simplicity and sophistication. Crafted from translucent vellum paper, it exudes a soft, wintery feel, ideal for those special gift-giving moments. I’ll be using the serene Winter Meadows Stamp Set and dies to add holly and spruce, creating a scene that’s as peaceful as a quiet winter’s day. Don’t worry if you’re new to crafting or handling vellum; this project is wonderfully straightforward, with just a gentle reminder to be careful when scoring your vellum to avoid tears. Whether you’re wrapping up a gift card for a holiday surprise or a thoughtful gesture, this holder, tied up with a ribbon, is a beautiful way to express your care and creativity. So grab your tools, and let’s get started on this winter crafting journey together! ❄️🎁🌿
- Decorative Vellum 4″ x 12″
- X2 Lost Lagoon 2-7/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Pretty Peacock scrap for label
- Winter Meadow DSP* 2-7/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Tartan Foil Decorative Circle Punch
- Basic White 2-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Score the Vellum @ 3″ 6″ and 9-1/8″ Be careful not to press too hard or it will tear. On the 2-7/8″ end Punch corners (this will be the left front panel) and on the 3″ end cut on an angle. (this will be folded over to make a pocket in the back)
- Add Adhesive sheet to the back of one of the Lost Lagoon pieces and adhere on the second section. Tape the other Lost Lagoon on the third section.
- Run tape across the bottom of the last section with the angle cut and close over Lost Lagoon to create a pocket for the gift card.
- Tape Designer Paper on the back side of the pocket to cover the tape showing through.
- Stamp the white piece and tape to the Lost Lagoon in the second section.
- Fold up the gift card holder and tape down 20″ of ribbon having the ends come together on the right side evenly
- Punch a Decorative Circle from Tartan paper
- Cut out Pretty Peacock small rectangle from Countryside Corners and heat emboss sentiment with Silver Powder
- Stamp and cut out Spruce branch
- Cut out 5 Holly Leaves
- Layer all together and add to the card front with Dimensionals
- Add Sparkle Gems over the berries