Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link
To create today’s zoo animals birthday card I used the new Animal Outings Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up!
I have another two cards for you and a new color challenge for you too. Remember to use the hashtag #CWK7618 when posting on social media so we can all see your great creations. The hashtag comes from my blog name and the date. You can see other color challenges HERE.
This first card is a simple 3 layer card.
Zoo Animals Birthday Card Details
- Cut a card base from Pool Party at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″
- For the first layer use Lemon Lime Twist from the Animal Outings paper cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Make a second layer with Basic Grey from the Animal Outings paper cut at 3″ x 4″
- Stamp 2 giraffes, the branch with the frog and the sentiment on Whisper White cut at 3″ x 4″
- Color the images
- Adhere the first and second layer with SNAIL adhesive
- Use Stampin Dimensionals to adhere the image layer
This second card uses a sponging technique to create the background. Watch the video to see how.
Wild About You Card Details
- Cut a card base from thick whisper white cardstock cut at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″
- With painter’s tape mask off 1/4″ down the edge next to the fold and another 2/3 down across the middle of the card base
- Use a sponge and an ink pad to sponge Pool Party ink for the background of the card base
- Very carefully peel back the painter’s tape
- With the stars from the Broadway Bound stamp set, stamp randomly over background in Pool Party
- Stamp kangaroo with Stazon ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock then color and cut out using framelit die
- Stamp “Wild About You” with Lemon Lime Twist ink and fussy cut it out
- Cut a strip of Basic Grey from the Animal Outings paper 1/2″ x 3″ and adhere to far right of the card
- Use Stampin Dimensionals to adhere kangaroo
- Cut out 2 branches from Lemon Lime Twist card stock
- Attach branches to “Wild About You” with tape then adhere to card base with dimensionals
- Add Wink of Stella to add a little sparkle to the stars
I hope you like these two cards using this week’s color challenge. Post your creation using the hashtag #CWK7618 to your social media so we can all enjoy each other’s work.
Also, the materials to make these cards can be found in my shop.
Thank you and happy crafting!